Steve Hitchcock Biography (China) –
Between 2004 and 2009 Mr. Steve Hitchcock, an American from San Francisco, California, worked for two early established foreign wine import distribution companies in a variety of sales, management and executive management positions. Over this period including two years in Shenzhen, Mr. Hitchcock gained valuable professional experience during his tenure working for companies whom exclusively represented some of the most established wine brands of the world.
Leaving Shenzhen in the fall of 2009, he returned to Shanghai to develop the official formation of his new wine import and distribution business, Plus Wines.
Mr. Hitchcock being a passionate wine lover and true professional is extremely grateful he can combine this with his adventure for travel into an exciting successful professional career within the burgeoning wine market in China.
Plus Wines Company Profile
Plus Wines started business operations in January 2010. Plus Wines’ goal is to offer better wines for reasonable prices plus help to improve the overall quality of the wine culture in China. The current portfolio consists of exclusive American, Austrian, French and South African wines entering China for the first time, hand-picked by Mr. Hitchcock through reputable foreign wine producers.
Additional new wine brands from other popular wine countries and regions will be arriving over the course of 2013.
Plus Wines is focused on serving 2nd and 3rd tier cities in China. Plus Wine’s excellent value foreign wine products are targeted for local Chinese customers and markets. Plus Wines serves them by providing ethical professional quality services and support through innovative solutions. Plus Wines serves all distribution channels and primarily through cooperation with select strategic local partners.
Plus Wines is the best partner choice for you and your business through:
- Quality Wines
- Guaranteed real wines, not counterfeit
- Quality taste; quality counts first, always
- Quality packaging; bottles, enclosures, labeling are all quality related to price
- Industry recognized top quality international transport providers bring our wines safely to China
- Premium warehouse facilities with constant temperature & humidity control
- Good Value Wines
- Reasonable prices vs. quality wine offers good value wines
- Professional Services
- Foreign minded customer service philosophy
- Professional product training for your company sales staff and/or customers
- Professional brand development and assistance for wine promotions and events
- Quality logistic services
- Quality sourced wine accessories
- Private label wine sourcing and development
- Ethical business practices only!
- Long-term vision and partner development (Win-Win-Win!)
- Wine product quality and legitimacy; guaranteed
- True Passion
- Where & from whom the wines come from (people & places)
- Constantly learning and sharing new information about wines
- Pure enjoyment about the complexities and variable character of wines
- The “soul of wine”; Tasting wines and meeting new people
After operating the past several years in China, we’ve come across a lot of misinformation circulating like a bad cloud of smog in the China wine market. Here are some of the top pieces of misinformation we regularly encounter in the market place. If you would like to learn more explanation about these, please contact your Plus Wines representative for greater details.
Wine Myths in China
Chateau Lafite-Rothschild is “The Best” wine in the world – FALSE
Dropping a small amount of wine onto a paper or cloth napkin will demonstrate the quality of the wine - MYTH – NOT TRUE
Bottled wines become better by putting them into a cellar for many years. The more years you leave the wine in the cellar, the better the wine becomes – 95% FALSE
You have to spend a lot of money to drink good wine – FALSE
Red wine is “The Best” wine – MYTH – NOT TRUE
Good wines only come with a cork enclosure – MYTH – NOT TRUE
The wine packaging will indicate how high the wine quality is – MYTH – NOT TRUE
French wines are “The Best” in the world – MYTH – NOT TRUE
Wine is meant to be drunk fast – “gan bei!” – FALSE
Wine should only come packaged in a glass bottle – FALSE